REQUIREMENTS TO BE APPOINTED A NOTARY PUBLIC IN RUSSELL COUNTY
- Must be a resident of Russell County; and
- Must be a registered voter in Russell County; and
- Must be capable of posting bond in the required amount.
TYPES OF NOTARIES
- State-at-Large: may perform duties of the office State-wide;
STEPS TO BE APPOINTED A NOTARY
- Complete notary public application;
- Submit application to Judge of Probate;
- Probate Judge will send applicant an appointment letter;
- Applicant must go to an insurance company to obtain a notary public bond of $25,000.00;
- The same day the bond is issued, you must bring the Bond and $30.00 filing fee to Judge of Probate no later than 4 pm Eastern;
The office of Notary Public is a serious and responsible public office and should not be taken lightly. Abuse of the office or irresponsibility in the performance of notarial duties can result in grave consequences. If a Notary Public has doubts about the propriety of any action, he or she should seek competent professional advice before he or she acts.
>> Download Notary Application Here <<
You will need to complete the above form and mail it to:
Russell County Probate Court
P. O. Box 700
1000 Broad St.
Phenix City, AL 36868
You will need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to download and print the Notary Application. You probably already have this software but if you don't, you can get it for free by clicking the icon below:
For more information about Notary Public, you may want to purchase the handbook, A Manual for Notaries Public, published by the Young Lawyers Section of the Alabama State Bar which is available as a downloadable .pdf. The cost of the manual is $5.45 and may be obtained by clicking on the link below.
then click on "Ebooks".